churches ceremonies & weather

« Older   Newer »
destinywed
view post Posted on 24/9/2007, 17:17

I would like to add something about the best period to marry in a church in Italy:

Regarding the date and place for a religious wedding in an Italian church, I know that an important issue for couples who are thinking of getting married abroad is the weather and the climate, and I think that some information regarding this matter can always be a good starting point as the first step when planning a wedding is always where and when!

I would like to tell you first that in Italy there are some months during which cities, especially the big ones such as Venice, Rome, Florence but also Siena, Portovenere, Portofino, Positano, Amalfi are really crowded and full of tourists, so if you are looking for a peaceful and cosy wedding,in my opinion it's not convenient to choose to get married here during spring (April, May, June) and in September and October.

Anyway, if you are not concerned about crowded cities, spring and early autumn are fine months for your religious wedding in Italy. I have to admit the weather is the best of the year! Otherwise if you're thinking of getting married in summer (July and August) you should choose locations and time for your ceremony more carefully.

Churches can be cool inside, but as soon as you walk out the door it might be really hot! To avoid this problem in summer we would better suggest you a ceremony in the late afternoon.

At the end of October and in November - but also December - all places in Italy are less crowded and the weather can still be quite good, even if not sunny and hot.

If you are particularly cconcerned about the weather we would personally suggest to choose a date at the end of October or the beginning of November, you'll likely to have more privacy during the ceremony but above all you and your guests will also be able to visit cities and places with less stress and enjoy more your stay in Italy.

There are also some areas, like the Sicily (Palermo, Taormina, Cefalù), Amalfi Coast (Positano, Ravello, Amalfi) or Apulia (Bari, Lecce, Trani) , that have a shorter high season as they are mostly seaside resorts so a wonderful idea could be getting married here in October - the weather is perfect, warm and not too hot and we're not in high season, so prices are good.

0 replies since 24/9/2007, 17:17   195 views