PALERMO0 [0.00%]
TAORMINA0 [0.00%]
NOTO0 [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote (Voters: 13)

BEST WEDDING LOCATION IN ITALY, suggest your preferred one

« Older   Newer »
teschio toon
icon12  view post Posted on 25/5/2006, 21:35

Please suggest your preferred wedding location.
My preferred one is Positano

Kellybride
icon12  view post Posted on 28/5/2006, 15:33

Yes I agree. Positano is the best !!!

Silviegirl
view post Posted on 29/5/2006, 22:03

well depends on what type of wedding, I loved Florence where I studied for a couple of semesters during University . I lived in Fiesole where splendid castles are and saw many weddings parties with fireworks and music under the stars . I also visited the Italian Riviera and found it marvelous and much cheaper than other locations down South and still special and less touristic. I recall a restaurant in Portovenere on a little island reachable only by boat, true romance !!! Bu t when I visited Positano with my fiance last year and stayed in a sweet little Hotel Villa Franca and had dinner in Le Sirenuse ,,,well i knew that was the town I would have got married in . I could not do it alone but felt funny to rely on a coordinator I did not know personally, but after a few weeks spent on being frustreted by not organized coordinators in US, I searched for the good one. I think we spend so many money for dresses we never wear, so I prefer spending 500/1000 Euros more on a wedding coordinator based in Italy who can understand my tasted and needs and help me find the best area and location for my wedding with the right contacts. I am in deed working with a coordinaoor now after having searched a lot, and was lucky enough to find Sharon who is American and lives in Italy. She has been fantastic and helped me selected a splendid villa in Positano which is definitely the best area to visit at the beginning of July as we are looking for seaside and charm. I could travel to Italy on my way home ( as part of my family is in Russia) but found it so so stressfull . Regency was not the cheperst option but definitely the most trustable and relaxing. :lol:

cercatorevero
view post Posted on 30/5/2006, 00:35

Believe me !!! A wedding in Capri is wonderful

katie t
view post Posted on 28/6/2006, 15:17

We decided to get married in Veneto. the reason for this is we felt after recieving so many wedding invites for weddings in Tuscany and all the other obviouse places, we wanted some where that most of our guests had never been to and was not as tacky as the typical locations.

Originally we hired a car and went on a road trip round the northen half of Italy and it was during a visit to Treviso when we were recomended to talk to Kelly from the Italian Wedding Planner company. She is originaly from Ireland and was so friendly, she showed us round the area and came up with so many fun ideas we knew that every thing was going to work out. We found a stunning church walking distance from the most beautiful villa... with venice only 40 mins drive away and Verona, padova and so many mountain towns near by there was something for everyone.

Infact one of our guests are using our planner for their white winter wedding in Cortina in 2007!!

Check out Veneto as we think it has everything and has not been over exposed.

mybeautifulsilkwedding
icon12  view post Posted on 25/7/2006, 20:53

QUOTE (teschio toon @ 25/5/2006, 22:35)
Please suggest your preferred wedding location.
My preferred one is Positano

I agree, Positano is absolutely stunning......if you'd like a specially designed wedding ring cushion, personalised with the bride and groom's names.....in satin, silk...with silver or gold embroidery...something stunning to treasure..a beautiful heirloom.....contact [CANCELLED]...
I'm Genia, by the way, textile artist, working in London.
If you have special design, a dream...please contact me, I'll help create!
AND CONGRATULATIONS!

our staff removed a part of this post because it did not meet our posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising.

We remove posts or parts of posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited by teschio toon - 20/10/2007, 17:51

verymozart
view post Posted on 19/12/2006, 18:04

Positano is my favourite wedding location as well!
Last year I took part to a marvellous event in a private villa in Positano. A friend of mine got married there and I really had a wonderful time. It's a private luxury villa on the cliffs of Positano with the most breathtaking views. I know they rent out this luxury location from Saturday to Saturday and you can sleep up to 10 people in the villa and dependance. There is enough space to have ceremony, cocktails and sit down reception and dancing if you like overlooking the sea. I think that if you're looking for a special place, Positano is the best!!!

destinywed
icon12  view post Posted on 10/4/2007, 19:18

my favourite is Positano :wub:

dotik
view post Posted on 29/5/2007, 21:28

Well,I do love Verona City which is very romantic..Don't forget that there is a Giulietta's Statue.... :P

cercatorevero
view post Posted on 20/10/2007, 16:46

Yesterday I have seen a terrific wedding in the BLU GROTTO in CAPRI.

it was stunning romantic excellent fantastic !!!

You cannot immagine the atmosphere inside the grotto.

I think you can find information about it in some of these resources

Destination Wedding Italy resources

Weddings in Italy resources

ladyoftheday
view post Posted on 25/11/2007, 22:55

take a look at this site where you can find a lot of married in Italy couples

srs
view post Posted on 16/12/2011, 18:03

I am just starting my research and still want to know what people think of the best place for a wedding? I think we will have about 40 people...what is easiest and nicest for that size group?

11 replies since 25/5/2006, 21:35   1025 views